The City Council recently approved the feasibility study and called a public hearing for the proposed 2020 Infrastructure Improvement Project. The public hearing for these improvements will be held on January 6, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at Waconia City Hall in the City Council Chambers (201 South Vine Street).
The list below reflects the components of the project included within the study for 2020:
- Reconstruction of Main Street (from Maple Street to Walnut Street), Walnut Street (from First Street to Third Street) and Third Street (from 150 feet east of Walnut Street to 350 feet west of Cherry Street). Reconstruction of sidewalks, sanitary sewer and watermain, as well as addition of storm sewer and drain tile is also included.
- Replacement of the 10-inch watermain along Waconia Parkway North from Scott Lane to about 500 feet east of Willowbrooke Lane.
- Milling and bituminous overlay on Oak Avenue from Highway 5 to Waconia Parkway South and reconstruction of adjacent trails.
- Reconstruction of bituminous trails along Community Drive and Wildcat Way.
- 94th Street surfacing.
- Sugarbush Park stormwater basin construction.
- Somerwood Drive storm sewer crossing.
In the original feasibility study plan, the City was considering reconstruction of Wildcat Way. Upon discussion with the Waconia School District, as the party proposed to be assessed for said work, the City will need to spend some time explaining the history of that roadway and how the responsibility became that of the School District. We have removed the project from the proposed work for 2020, but since much of the study work is completed, it shows up in the report.
For more details regarding the proposed 2020 Infrastructure Improvement Project and to view the full Feasibility Study, please click here (PDF).