Additional outdoor recreational opportunities are available at the nearby Carver Park Reserve, Baylor Regional Park, Lake Waconia Regional Park, the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, and the Knights of Columbus Park.
- Carver Park Reserve, located north of Victoria on County Road 11, offers nature programs, walking / biking trails and cross country ski opportunities. Call 952-443-2911 for information on programs and hours.
- Baylor Regional Park, located west of Waconia, at 10775 County Road 33, provides a beautiful picnic setting next to Eagle Lake, and summer and winter recreational opportunities. Call 952-466-5250 for additional information.
- Lake Waconia Regional Park, located just east of Waconia at 8170 Paradise Lane, is currently being developed into a 130 acre regional park. At this time there is a swimming beach, play equipment, picnic shelter, volleyball area, and a sledding hill in the winter. It is also the site of the historic Lake Waconia Event Center, which is available for all event types. Call 952-442-5250 for additional information.
- The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is part of the University of Minnesota and the largest public garden in Minnesota, with 1,000 acres of rolling hills, 74 specialty gardens and plant collections, and more than 5,000 plant varieties. Open year round, the Arboretum offers seasonal walking and tram tours, hiking and cross country ski trails - plus, a library, tea room, gift shop and conservatory. It is located on Highway 5, just west of Highway 41 in Chanhassen. Call 952-443-1400 for more information.
- Waconia Knights of Columbus Park, located at 9055 East County Road 10, is a private park available to the public through reservation. A ball field and picnic shelter are available. Contact Jim Ebert at 952-442-2261, or Dan Steinhagen at 952-442-2769.