The City of Waconia monument sign, located at 1200 Oak Ave in Waconia, is available for the advertisement of community or public events at no charge to groups or organizations incorporated or doing business within the city limits.
The use of the sign is permissible under the following guidelines:
- The advertisement of all city sponsored events are allowed and will have priority use of the sign space.
- The event must be a community wide event that is open, without charge, to attendance by the general public (i.e. Nickle Dickle Day, Music in the Park).
- Promotion or advertisement for a single business will not be permitted.
- Promotion or advertisement of a special event that promotes visitation or patronage of Waconia businesses or organizations will be permitted, provided the event is open, without charge, to attendance by the general public.
- Promotion or advertisement of a fundraising event will be permitted for non-profit organizations only, proof of non-profit status maybe required.
- Promotion of personal events such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. will not be permitted.
- The availability of sign space will be on a first come, first serve basis with the schedule being kept at City Hall.
- Events will be able to be displayed in the sign space for up to 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The group or organization which is sponsoring the event must pick up their advertisement within 3 business days after the conclusion of the event from City Hall.
- A banner measuring no larger than 30” by 82” must be provided by the sponsoring individual, group or organization. The city will hang the banner and is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the banner while the banner is displayed.
- The city reserves the right to approve any and all advertisement signage, pictures, and language.
For questions, contact Ann Meyerhoff at the City of Waconia, 952-442-4121 or by email