- Your Government
- Mayor & City Council
Mayor & City Council
The City of Waconia is a statutory city with the Mayor / City Council having administrative and legislative responsibility. As the elected representatives of the community, the City Council establishes city policy and long-range community goals and exercises budgetary control through the adoption of an annual budget. The City Council has adopted the city's vision, mission, and priority goals for legislative priorities of the year.
A thriving, connected community with small town charm, offering "the best of everything" - a great place to live for a lifetime
We respect our past, responsibly plan for the future, and deliver high quality public services that support a safe, flourishing community
The City Council has identified values that reflect the desires and expectations for our work:
- Resiliency - maintaining, reacting to the unexpected, being adaptable
- Stewardship - caring for our fiscal health, environment, and assets (people and infrastructure)
- Embracing Diversity - providing a welcoming and engaging environment for all
- Health & Safety - encouraging and providing resources for healthy living and a safe environment
- Innovation - willing to try new things, managing risk, and celebrating success
Our Strategic PrioritiesThe City Council has identified priorities for the long-term health, strength, and vitality of the community.
- Financial Stability - a fiscally responsible community
- Community Engagement - a connected and engaged community
- Effective Growth Management - a growing community with a thriving downtown
- Stable, Capable Workforce - a stable, well-trained workforce
MembersCity leadership consists of a Mayor and four Council Members. The city is divided into two wards, each represented by two Council Members, who are elected to alternating 4-year terms. The Mayor is elected at-large for a 2-year term.
- 6 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month
- Council Chambers
Waconia City Hall
201 S. Vine St.
Waconia, MN 55387
The City Council meets regularly to consider ordinances, resolutions, and other such actions as may be required by law and circumstance. The various issues brought before the Council may be initiated by Council members, advisory commissions, administrative staff, or residents of the community.
Most regular meetings of the Council are broadcast on local cable channel 8 and are available for web streaming 48 hours after the meeting conclusion.