Waconia Parkway is anticipated to reopen on Friday afternoon! With the opening there are several things to be aware of:
- New asphalt can be slippery! Please slow down and drive with caution as you drive on the new road and curve. Our crews will pay close attention to this and will ensure that winter anti-icing operations occur regularly on this roadway.
- The center line and turn lane markings will be striped, edge striping will be done later.
- Street and trail lighting is expected next week.
- Crosswalk equipment has not yet been done, we are working on the timeline for this.
- The trail will not be paved this fall due to the temperatures and frost. We do plan to remove snow from the trail this winter.
Thank you for your patience during the project. We will continue to update the public as this project continues and the above items are completed.Please check out our Facebook page, Waconia City Government, for the most up-to-date news!