The City of Waconia provides municipal water, wastewater, stormwater, and streetlight utilities to its residents. Utility services are billed on a monthly basis. Click on the green tabs to explore more about the utilities provided and the billing options available!
Concerns About A Bill
If you are wondering why your bill is higher than usual, please consider the following items:
- Is this the time of year for outside watering or sprinkling?
- Is there a faucet leaking or dripping in your home?
- Does the toilet fail to shut off after flushing?
- Is the water softener functioning correctly?
Water ConservationThe City of Waconia has implemented the following water conservation measures:
- Odd-Even Watering Day Restrictions: under the odd-even system, residents and businesses with addresses ending in an odd number may water on odd numbered calendar days. Those with even-numbered addresses may water on even numbered calendar days. Odd-even watering will assist in maintaining appropriate water reserve levels and puts less “peak” demand on the water supply system.
- Time of Day Restrictions: watering is not permitted between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. This method limits water usage during dry periods and assists in maintaining appropriate water supply levels.
- Summer Maximum Outdoor Usage: the City of Waconia allows the maximum outdoor usage of 30,000 gallons/month during the summer months. Usage outside of this restriction will be charged a higher 4th tier rate.
- New Sod: A temporary permit can be requested for the purpose of irrigating new sod areas only. The permit allows irrigation to take place outside of the complying days. Irrigation is still not allowed between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. as specified in the Water Conservation Ordinance. 4th tier charges will apply if over 30,000 gallons of water is used. The duration of the permit is for 14 days. Permits can be requested from Public Services at 952-442-2615 or email@example.com.
Shut-Off Policy for Delinquent Utility Accounts
Water Ordinance 410 (PDF) Current ordinance as set by the City Council. Please review the ordinance for account requirements and shut-off policy.